Recipe by Donna Hay
Cacao fudge cookies…yum. These are so good. They taste a bit like a brownie cross cookie. Chewy like a fudgy brownie yet just like a cookie. They are also a bit healthier with less added sugar, wholemeal flours and coconut oil. It’s a really easy one-bowl recipe, they didn’t last long in the kitchen.
Thanks Donna xx
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 100g unsalted butter or coconut oil, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (35g) raw cacao powder
- 1 cup (140g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 150g raw cacao chocolate or dark chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra, melted, to serve
preheat oven to 160ºC. Place the sugar, butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the cacao, both the flours, the egg and chopped chocolate and mix to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, flatten slightly and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 12 minuted or until golden.
Allow to cool on trays. Drizzle cooled cookies with the extra melted chocolate to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes 24